Welcome to the biggest ski-area of Austria
Experience unforgettable moments in the ski resort of Zell am See-Kaprun where snow is guaranteed.
During the gourmet breakfast you can enjoy the view over the Wellness Schlössl and high up to the slopes of the Schmittenhöhe: white, wide and magnificent, they attract skiers and snowboarders. Simply enter the dream of every skier!
New from winter 2019/2020:
- Over the edge of the valley:. The amalgamation of the ski regions of Zell am See with the Skicircus Saalbach Hinterglemm- Leogang - Fieberbrunn created Austria’s biggest ski region. From the winter season 2019/20 onwards, the "zellamseeXpress" cable car will transport visitors to Viehhofen, the neighbouring town of Saalbach. From there you can reach the next cable car to the Saalbach Skicircus in just 5 minutes by ski bus - of course all with just one ski pass.
- The new Ski Alpin Card connects three premium ski regions:
the Kitzsteinhorn-Maiskogel glacier ski region in Kaprun, the Schmittenhöhe in Zell am See and the Skicircus Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang Fieberbrunn - 408 kilometres of premium slopes with 190 lifts.
- The new 3K K-onnection forms the core of the Kaprun - Maiskogel - Kitzsteinhorn link. The Kaprun ski area begins with the spectacular 3K K-onnection tricable gondola lift right in the centre of the village on the Kitzsteinhorn where snow is 100% guaranteed (TOP OF SALZBURG 3,029m).
It offers the ultimate winter sports experience: we are talking about the Ski Alpin Card, which brings it to the point - a ticket for three mountains and almost endless skiing fun. With the very latest Ski Alpin Card, carving and boarding around the 5-star superior Hotel Salzburgerhof will be even more interesting from winter 2019/20. Because the ticket network of Skicircus Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang Fieberbrunn, Schmitten in Zell am See and Kitzsteinhorn Kaprun gives the mountain experience new dimensions. The key to this: the new SKI ALPIN CARD.
The ALPIN CARD is available in the “Ski” (winter season ticket, day and multi-day tickets) and “Hike” (summer season ticket) versions as well as 365 Classic and 365 Action (annual tickets). This enables us to offer our guests a “ski unlimited” inter-regional alpine offer in the truest sense of the word. Simply unparalleled.
This includes 408 kilometres of premium slopes, accessed by a total of 119 lifts. They transform the mega ski area of the Alps into an almost endless adventure course. Because the new Ski ALPIN CARD will connect the three alpine TOP brands this winter to create a fascinating world of experience:
- The Schmitten panorama and family ski region impresses with a variety of themed slopes for young and old, as well as with a unique panorama and dream views of the mountain town of Zell am See.
The Kitzsteinhorn in Kaprun, which is open all year round, is Salzburg's only glacier ski area, offers 100 percent guaranteed snow and, with the “Top of Salzburg” panorama platform at 3,029 metres, is undoubtedly the alpine highlight of the country.
- The Skicircus Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang Fieberbrunn, the "home of casual", is already one of the largest and most varied ski regions in Austria with 270 downhill kilometres, 70 cable cars and lifts and over 60 huts.
IN BRIEF: The new ALPIN CARD
- Solidarity between the ticket networks (Skicircus Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang Fieberbrunn, Schmitten Zell am See, Kitzsteinhorn Kaprun)
- 1 ticket - 3 regions - endless mountain adventure with ski day and multi-day tickets,
- 2 season tickets (ski, hike) and 2 annual tickets (365 Classic, 365 Action)
- 408 km of slopes, 119 lifts.
- A varied mountain experience including glaciers
- 365 days active
The Schmittenhöhe (2,000m), the local mountain of Zell am See with almost 100 years of ski tradition, offers an ideal ski area for families and sun lovers with a spectacular mountain panorama between glaciers and Lake Zell. It is not without reason that it has the reputation of being “Austria's most beautiful panoramic mountain”, from which you can admire 30 three-thousand metre peaks of the Hohe Tauern including the highest mountain in Austria, the Grossglockner (3,950m), in both summer and winter. The Schmittenhöhe offers guaranteed snow on 77 kilometres of slopes with artificial snow systems, accessed by 28 cable cars and lifts. The Schmitten has been connected to the Glemmtal by the "zellamseeXpress" cable car since 2019/20.
The ski area of the World Cup town of Saalbach-Hinterglemm has been one of the most interesting and largest in the entire Alpine region for many years: even the most demanding skiers can enjoy a winter dream here! Highlight for skiers: the full-day round tour through the Skicircus, one of the longest of its kind in the entire Alpine region with 72 kilometres of slopes and 12,500 metres of altitude! The Skicircus is also known for its hearty ski huts to suit all requirements - "from rustic to gourmet".
From October to May, the Kitzsteinhorn glacier ski area offers guaranteed snow with 41 kilometres of slopes, 17 modern cable cars, an off-piste paradise for freeriders, snow parks, the legendary ice camp, ski tour routes, the "Top of Salzburg" viewing platform with breathtaking views and the highest restaurant in Salzburg at 3,029m above sea level.
The Maiskogel is the ideal ski region for all winter sports enthusiasts who appreciate the gentle terrain, sedate carve skiing and the proximity to the location and hotel. Professional ski schools, ski hire and a huge ski depot at the valley station provide optimum convenience. Fun & action are guaranteed on the “Maisiflitzer” alpine coaster or in the Phantasie Park.
A short hour's drive away from Zell am See is the family-friendly, high-altitude ski area (1,480 - 2,600m) of the "Weißsee Glacier World", which is known for its excellent slope quality and guaranteed snow until late spring. As a ski area, the Weißsee Glacier World guaranteed relaxing skiing fun for piste skiers and snowboarders, as well as for touring skiers and freeriders. If you want to experience the untouched nature of the Upper Tauern National Park away from the slopes, you will find a true "ski touring paradise" here: short climbs and extensive powder and snow runs make the heart of every ski and mountain hiker beat faster.
The Berghotel Rudolfshütte is located in the middle of the Weißsee Glacier World at 2,315m – and the fun on the slopes starts right on the doorstep. A cosy restaurant, room with fireplace and climbing wall, hotel bar, double and multi-bed rooms await you in a rustic chalet atmosphere. Enjoy Alpine wellness in the Edelweiss Spa with panoramic indoor pool, fitness room and several saunas. There are special discounts for families.
You feel yourself with every breath when going slowly uphill and racing downhill. Ski touring becomes a real experience in Zell am See in the state of Salzburg with fantastic views and varied routes. On the Kitzsteinhorn there are two routes designated for touring athletes. The new “Snow Queen” (474 metres in altitude) and “Ice Breaker” routes (900 metres in altitude) lead from the Langwiedboden to the Alpine Center and to the top station of the Maurer lift at 2,875 m. The extreme altitude generates an excellent training effect, which particularly ambitious endurance athletes appreciate.
Under the care of certified mountain guides, a tour of the Tristkogel opens up an almost magical world of snow and ice. At around 660 metres of altitude and while walking for 3.5 hours, you can breathe in the silence and recharge your batteries with every step. For beginners, the tour to the Ronachkopf is recommended (also suitable for snowshoe hikers). The beautiful and not too difficult route enchants with a panoramic view of the Schmittenhöhe, the Upper Tauern and Zell am See. You can enjoy local delicacies and warming drinks with a stop at the Enzianhütte.